Friday, April 4, 2008

Tip - Go Old Sk3wl

Got a Glory and Praise 1 or 2 hymnal? Ever heard of SLJ? Foley? Schutte? Haugen? Haas?

Well... a lot of these resources are still around now and are still relevant NOW. I DARE you to get one of these now "classics" out and see who sings! My guess is it'll be everyone! Mind you, 20 years ago, these were cutting edge liturgy.

  • Sing a New Song
  • Sing to the Mountains
  • One Bread, One Body
  • You Are Near
  • Though the Mountains May Fall
  • City of God
  • On Eagle's Wings
  • Abba, Father
  • Hosea
  • You Are Mine
  • Come to the Water
  • Canticle of the Sun (Son?)

After 10 years in a guitar choir and you think I'd do these more often. I love these songs as they remind me the constancy of His church.

Kudos to John Hudak in Cleveland for the years we served together. Where are you, man?

No comments: